Good Afternoon Mr. Thomson & Ms. Forsyth,

I just wanted to let you both know that even though it's been a while since you illegally and deceitfully decided to cancel Marty Gold's radio show, I (along with many more) have not forgotten.

I am still keeping up to date with the unbelievable details as to how you dishonestly reached your decision and canceled the enormously popular and informative show.

I thought after having some time to think about how your hurtful actions affected someone's livelihood, that you'd come to the realization to do the right thing ... apologize to Marty and bring back his show.

Clearly that hasn't happened. Instead of apologies we hear excuses. Is that how you teach people to get ahead in life? That if they don't agree with someone they should make up lies about them?

I went to Red River and I was proud of Red River. It was a school that I believed in and a school that I trusted to be honourable to everyone. You are the leaders and yet I see no honour in your actions. Is that how you'd want your own children to learn?!

Just stop with the lies about there being complaints about The Great Canadian Talk Show. Face it ... there wasn't any, was there? But please, if there actually is, could you please tell me or show me these complaints (in all seriousness)?

Show me where Mayor Sam Katz complained. Show me where Vic Toews complained. Show me where our Police Association complained. Please, just prove me wrong.

I'm so sick of people like you in power abusing your authority. The only thing you've done is prove that Marty was right all along and everything he spoke of on his talk show was correct.

I feel sorry for the current students of RRC who are being led by you two. You have to realize that your decision didn't just affect yourselves and some of your friends. You damaged someone's reputation and career. It's time to stop being selfish and do what is right.

Look inside yourself and don't be afraid to swallow your pride. Life is way too short. It's never too late to say your sorry.

Thank you,

MP

p.s. Good job with the replacement show(s) during that 4-6 p.m. time slot. You have students calling each other retards and acting like 6th graders. That's not nearly as offensive. Here's a little FYI, it's a link where you can read just how controversial the college has been about Marty Gold's firing (http://tgcts.blogspot.com/2011/03/thomson-told-rushton-only-one-excuse.html) ... careful, though, you may feel embarrassed.
***************

Our appearance at City Hall yesterday at the Alternative Service Delivery Committee with alternative media godfather Bob Axford, exposed the latest business plan of the Winnipeg Parking Authority as another example of the abuse of drivers, the poor and working class of the inner-city, and the clients and supporters of non-profit social service agencies, while civic leaders continue to ignore proper public consultation processes and protocols ...

Read the comments about how many other Winnipeggers believe the planned fee and required-hour hike will damage the Downtown and Exchange neighbourhoods:


Free Press story