Saturday, October 30, 2010

Candidate Judy and other post - election emails

Thanks so much Marty. It was great to be on your show twice - sorry couldn't manage it in last week but no matter what happens I'm sure I'll be back on air with you someday.

Judy
(candidate for Mayor)
********************

Good Day Marty,
I thank you for your excellent coverage on the City Election. I will continue to speak out on the issues.
Fred Morris
(candidate in St. James-Brooklands-Weston)

***************
Virtually no change!
Looks like another 4 years of B.S.!

YOUR efforts to invigorate the campaign were stellar! Don't give up. It will be very interesting to see the poll by poll results!

I REALLY thank you for your efforts. they gave me energy and supported my commitment to change. Ah well!

Shane Nestruck
(candidate in Fort Rouge - East Fort Garry)
****************

Marty

The funniest thing was watching the Tweets roll by as the Media "snobs" congratulated each other on how wonderfully they covered the election. Talk about a tight knit bunch of second rate journalists licking each other into a frenzy.

Livio Ciaralli
(candidate in Charleswood-Tuxedo)
*************
From one of the election articles in today's Freep:

"With voter turnout hovering at 47 per cent, an unusually intense campaign lured hundreds out to ward and mayoral debates and nudged thousands more to cast ballots early in advance polls."

Less than 50% turnout. Sure, we had strong winds, cold weather and rain. SO WHAT?

Nobody had to dodge a hail of bullets.
Nobody was intimidated by having to go through military checkpoints.
Nobody was visited by heavily armed opposition forces, government forces, drug cartels or organized crime syndicates to either force or prevent them from showing up.
No suicide bombers threatened public safety at the polling stations.

And the best we could do was have less than 50% turnout in the polls. Canada is supposed to be a bastion of democracy, a shining light, an example of what second and third world countries can aspire to if they simply undertake the effort to become democracies.

To say that I am bitterly disappointed would be an understatement.

Here is what our politicians should do: Get a copy of the poll registers to see who voted. If someone who was eligible to vote did not do so, their concerns SHOULD BE IGNORED.

L.
*************
I'm very discouraged. Aside from you and the alternative media, no one bothered with the issues & no one bothered to informed themselves so they could make a good decision about their vote. The MSM was a joke - no coverage of the issues. Obviously Winnipeggers don't EVER want change, we just want to bitch about everything and play the martyr.

Next election anyone running in Charleswood should tack "conservative minded' to their campaign signs whether they're conservative or not, because only conservatives need apply there, doesn't matter if you have a good platform, or goals beyond getting elected. Never even received a flyer from Paula. Yeah, she's really interested in what I have to say or how I feel.

Don't know if I'll bother to vote in the next municipal election. Once my commitments here are through I don't know if I'll stick around - and I was raised here. No wonder we can't keep our grads and professionals here for long.

You did a great job Marty, but I don't think anyone cared.
Regards,

OL
***********
Marty

After reviewing most results it looks like the uninformed still have the power. I can no longer believe in this city as the same trash keeps getting elected by the same fools over and over again. I briefly was hoping for real change but I guess it's business as usually in the city.

I am happy that Sam was winning in the polls as I last saw but I guess he'll be faced with the same morons too.

Oh well...I guess I'll move to Toronto....
Mike

***************

Everyone who didn't take charge of the stuff (parking, street changes, policing) over the last 4 years are still in charge today.

Not one scoundrel was tossed.

Now the mayor and the others know that their previous practices are acceptable.

W.

**************
Hi Marty

With Sam Katz winning the election nothing will change. Those who become comfortable need not do anything. Winnipeg has got worse with Sam Katz and that's the truth. I'm also surprised that some councillors were not hoofed out. Also John Orlikow is a total jerk after he won last night. I'm sure some River Heights residents are wondering how he got back in

Sent from the outer regions of your mind

*********************

Hi Marty,

I wanted to let you know ahead of time, that next Wednesday, November 3, 2010 will be the final episode of The IllegalCurve Hockey Show on 92.9 KICK FM. Accordingly, it will be our final segment on The Great Canadian Talk Show as well.

I am pleased to report that we have accepted an offer to join the new Sports Radio 1290, as their first local program.

Starting on Saturday, November 6, 2010, we will be on Sports Radio 1290 every Saturday morning from 10AM-12 Noon.

It is with the utmost of respect, admiration and appreciation that I, on behalf of everyone at IllegalCurve, say thank you for the opportunity to have been on The Great Canadian Talk Show every Wednesday for the past year.

The conversations and preview we have been able to have with you have undoubtedly helped our listenership, and the advice and guidance you have offered when called upon have allowed us to grow and mature as radio hosts.

No matter where our journey in the radio business takes us next, we will be eternally grateful to yourself. I know I can speak for the others associated with the show, when I say that, in the 3 of us, you have loyal, consistent, Great Canadian Talk Show listeners.

On a personal note, I believe you are doing a great service to the people of Winnipeg with your advocacy and passion. This election campaign, and with the issues that have come to the forefront, has proven you have a tremendous pulse on the issues that matter to the people of Winnipeg. For that, you should be very proud.

Again, thank you very much, and please do not hesitate to contact me should the need arise.

All the best,

Drew Mindell (on behalf of Richard Pollock & Ezra Ginsburg)
Host
The IllegalCurve Hockey Show

**********